All things trees! (part 2) Pruning and Solving Tree Problems, Plus Frost Cracks, White Oak and Wood Chips
When you see something out of the ordinary with a tree, how do you know if it’s really a problem or just something to shrug off? In part 2 of this 2-part episode on trees, Greg Jordan, Emma Erler and Nate Bernitz talk about pruning a bit to start and then focus most of the episode on a wide array of scenarios and what to do about them (if anything!). If you haven’t listened to part 1 yet, go back and listen to that first.
- Featured Question: How to prevent frost cracking?
- Featured Plant: White oak (Quercus alba)
- Closing Tip: Using Wood Chips
- Basics of Pruning Trees and Shrubs
- Selecting an Arborist
- UNH Extension County Foresters
- List of Trees for New Hampshire Landscapes
Subscribe to the monthly Granite State Gardening newsletter.
Email us questions, suggestions and feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org
Photo from Wiki Commons
Transcript by Otter.ai
All things trees! (part 2) Pruning and Solving Tree Problems, Plus Frost Cracks, White Oak and Wood Chips is written by nb1098 for extension.unh.edu