New Hampshire 4-H is looking for adults to become 4-H Teen Mentors for the 2021-2022 year for teens in 6th grade and up. A 4-H Teen Mentor’s major role is to support local teens in youth-adult partnership as the group works toward a common goal of making their communities better.
4-H teens are encouraged to step out of their comfort zone, find their voice, and strive to become the person they see for their future self. Teen Mentors help their group of teens to do this by providing a safe and welcoming space for teens to share their truth, help assess the needs of their community, and collaboratively come up with achievable goals to create change.
If you have:
- A desire to help develop teen’s self-confidence and self-esteem.
- An ability to encourage teens to make their own decisions in a supportive environment.
- A drive to provide inclusive spaces where all teens feel that they belong.
- A commitment to spending at least one year in consistent contact with the teens on the team.
If you want:
- To build a network of other adults that care deeply about our youth’s future.
- To form connections with thoughtful, engaging, and empowered youth.
- To share your understanding of the needs of our community.
Then becoming a 4-H Teen Mentor sounds like the right opportunity for you!