Join a team that works collaboratively to meet the needs of gardeners, volunteers and pest management industry professionals. With a focus on customer service, perform varied office and program support functions for Cooperative Extension’s Pesticide Safety Education, Home Horticulture, and Master Gardener programs. Using independent judgment, problem-solving skills, and initiative, provide excellent service and administrative support. 25-30 hours/week.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide primary administrative support for the Pesticide Safety Education Program, supporting a program that ensures industry professionals have the training they need to use products safely.
- Provide primary administrative support for the Home Horticulture and Master Gardener programs, supporting Master Gardener volunteers, who share their expertise to support community and school gardens and the general public.
- Serve as a contact for program information, material requests, event information & registrations, and specialist referrals. Ensure excellent customer service and connect clients with the resources and expertise of UNH Extension.
- Prepare support for classes, presentations, and other educational events (producing brochures and displays, scheduling speakers, managing registrations, processing payments, coordinating facility rentals, etc).
- Manage inventory of materials and supplies, including managing orders, payments, and shipping.
- Prepare and manage engaging event postings on the UNH website, social media, newsletters, and other communication outlets.
- Manage program websites, updating web content as needed.
- Manage internal databases including contact lists and program budgets.
- Maintain office equipment and supplies (order supplies as needed, pay bills and invoices, coordinate repairs of office equipment, etc).
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- High school graduation plus three years of office experience.
- Knowledge of office practices, procedures and use of computer and office software including Microsoft Office and layout/graphic skills.
- Efficient time management skills as well as excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and the general public.
- Ability to manage priorities and work assignments from multiple staff members.
- Ability and willingness to be trained in software applications such as Adobe Creative Suite, Salesforce, Qualtrics, and Destiny One.
- Knowledge of or experience working in the fields of agriculture, plants or insects would be a plus.
- Knowledge of Salesforce, Qualtrics, Captivate, Destiny One or similar software systems
- Skills in writing/designing for web and social media.
$16.00 to $18.00 per hour depending on qualifications and experience. Non-benefited position.
The University System of New Hampshire is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action employer. The University System is committed to creating an environment that values and supports diversity and inclusiveness across our campus communities and encourages applications from qualified individuals who will help us achieve this mission. The University System prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, or marital status, genetic information, and political orientation. Application by members of all underrepresented groups is encouraged. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the U.S.
The University of New Hampshire is an R1 Carnegie classification research institution providing comprehensive, high-quality undergraduate and graduate programs of distinction. UNH is located in Durham on a 188-acre campus, 60 miles north of Boston and 8 miles from the Atlantic coast, and is convenient to New Hampshire’s lakes and mountains. There is a student enrollment of 13,000 students, with a full-time faculty of over 600, offering 90 undergraduate and more than 70 graduate programs. The University actively promotes a dynamic learning environment in which qualified individuals of differing perspectives, life experiences, and cultural backgrounds pursue academic goals with mutual respect and shared inquiry.
The UNH Diversity Resource Guide with information and programming available in the seacoast area, New Hampshire and the region can be found here: https://www.unh.edu/hr/diversity-resource-guide
UNH Extension Seeks a Program Support Assistant-Goffstown, NH is written by Pam Doherty for extension.unh.edu