Summary of Position
Acceptable minimum level of education
- HS or equivalent
Acceptable minimum years of experience
- 5-7 years
Other minimum qualifications
- High school graduation plus five years of office experience or five years of specialized training or higher education or any combination of experience and higher education equal to five years.
- Organizational and analytical skills including managing multiple projects and deadlines.
- Computer skills, such as word processing, e-mail, Internet, desktop publishing, spreadsheets, database management, and software applications
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff, students, and the general public
- Commitment to supporting a welcoming and diverse workplace culture
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe InDesign, Salesforce, and/or Predictive Response
- Experience in a fast-paced educational or non-profit mission-driven workplace
- Associate’s degree and/or additional related training or education.
- Financial bookkeeping experience
- Online Resource Development and Management – Assist program staff with editing, posting, and managing online content including blogs, events, and resources
- Contact Management and Communications – Assist program staff with contact resource management, enrollment data, and communications via email and social media
- Event & Meeting Support – Assist with scheduling rooms and spaces, assist with documents and minutes, manage registration and provide occasional on-site support
- Purchasing and Basic Financial Tracking – Assist Program Staff with supply purchasing utilizing University systems and managing basic financial spreadsheets for projects and grants
- Professional Development – Pursue learning of applicable skills and technologies
- Other Duties as Assigned
The University System of New Hampshire is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action employer. The University System is committed to creating an environment that values and supports diversity and inclusiveness across our campus communities and encourages applications from qualified individuals who will help us achieve this mission. The University System prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, or marital status, genetic information, and political orientation. Application by members of all underrepresented groups is encouraged. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the U.S.
UNH Extension Seeks a Youth & Family State Administrative Support Assistant is written by Pam Doherty for extension.unh.edu